Friday, February 29, 2008

Hickies

They're called kiss marks or hickies or love bites. And they are caused by tiny broken capillaries that turn red underneath the skin when someone sucks too hard. They can be removed by using a round object (such as a tube of lipstick) to press and massage the area in a circular movement so that blood can flow once again. They can be covered by concealer, though the green tinged concealer is better as green negates red.

But why do people like hickies so much? I personally have no problems with sporting hickies, as long as my mom won't see them and they are not too obvious.

Hickies are like little souvenirs of a fun night. I like how they're made and I like how it feels when they're being made. The sucking, the nibbling, the biting... It makes me moan all the more harder than I actually do.

My problem is that I bruise easily, and as a consequence, the most moderately passionate bite can leave a mark that lasts for no less than 3 days. This would be fine if the area were on my breasts or décolletage or on my collar bone, but having red marks that were obviously made by another mouth so high on my neck makes me anxious.

Despite all the evidence to the contrary my mother would still like to believe that I am a prim and proper girl (though she sometimes acts as an alarmist by wondering if I am the biggest slut this side of Q.C.). And as I do not want to answer any questions about my sex life and who I've been doing it with and why I was doing it for fun (still a bit conservative my mom, what can I say?), I try to hide the evidence as much as I can and that includes hickies.

I once told H that if my mom saw a hickey on me and inevitably ask "What's that?" I would immediately start scratching the offending mark and pretend it was a mosquito bite. On more obvious marks I would then rely on turtlenecks and cover ups to hide it.

Once my mom and her boyfriend picked me up from a trip to Puerto Galera where I had hooked up with a bartender (yes that fetish was alive even 3 years ago). In the clear bright light of day, my brand new hickies were spotted and yes, I pretended they were mosquito bites and showed as corroborating evidence the other insect bites on my legs and arms.

Do I believe I am fooling anyone? No. Does my mom really believe me when I tell her I was bit by mosquitoes on the neck, the exact same spot where she also always sports similar marks? No. She doesn't. She pretends she does, and she thinks she does but deep in her heart of hearts she knows her daughter is kind of a slut/playgirl/bitch and is silently still thankful that she has not yet gotten pregnant or sick. Then why do I keep hiding my hickies? I don't want to flaunt reality in her face, it may only lead to exile, tighter security and more questions.

See, despite my mother's backward and semi-conservative thinking, I love her and would spare her all the details and grief over my sex life. I try to be discreet though I know she knows, or rather, she thinks she knows, what's going on.

I am also kind sometimes.

2 Comments:

  1. Hops said...
    I used to hide hickies from my mom, too. It's no use getting them all worked up about something they can't do anything about. Plus, there's some things that moms just shouldn't know.
    jean grey said...
    I agree, moms should never know the details of our sex lives.

Post a Comment