Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thoughts of a Promiscuous Girl

I adore Bv. I adore him. He is one of the best friends any girl can have. He is also one of the best partners in crime any promiscuous girl can have.

The way things are, Bv has been extremely supportive of my escapades. And he has been instrumental in several flings and seeks to provide further entertainment.

Like most guy friends Bv thinks that a relationship would enrich me and that I should experience it so that I would know what I was missing, or something like that. I understand that relationships are beautiful things and that love is amazing. I have nothing but the highest respect for loving relationships and I think it would be cool if I could be in one that I would actually like.

The thing is, Bv thinks that I should stop sleeping around so that I can attract a decent man. The main reason we disagree is that I don't think a single woman who sleeps around is such a bad thing. I don't think sex is evil, I don't think it depreciates anyone's value.

I would give up the swinging single sex life if I found a man worthy of my full devotion and monogamy. I love sex. And I do it with several people because it is fun and I want it.

Several people still think that sex is bad, or that it should be hidden and never admitted. This is why some people think cheating is so much fun, it's a walk on the wild side, or it feeds their severely underfed and undersexed egos.

Sex is just sex. It is an act. It is an extremely fun and enjoyable act. It can be a game, a hobby a sport. I have never cheated on anyone I loved, I have never lied to have sex, and I don't think it would be a negative if someone I liked enjoyed sex when he was single.

I don't condone cheating. It's stupid to endanger a relationship with someone you love for a temporary fling. This is why I think a relationship should only be with someone you really love. The single life is great, it's fucking fabulous (literally), and I would give it up if the right man came along.

Which is why I disagree with Bv. The right man would not be perturbed or threatened by the fact that I slept around with other men. The right man would be secure in who he is and what he is and what I am and who I am to not worry about my past and what I used to do.

Being promiscuous is part of who I am. I enjoy it. The same as people who enjoy swimming or dancing or reading. It is just an act. Other people put such a high premium on it that they think it's such a huge deal and that it is both evil and good and amazing.

Then Bv counters with the line, "You don't have to agree or disagree, that's just how things are."

And then I said, "And I don't agree with how things are."

2 Comments:

  1. kiko bagunu said...
    ^__^
    jean grey said...
    I hope that smile means something....

Post a Comment