Saturday, March 29, 2008

Jerks and Assholes

I've recently had a whole lot of time on my hands, basically because I've been a bum for the past couple of weeks. All this excess time has been used towards obsessive compulsive hard drive cleaning and drinking sessions. However, some of this time has been used towards...well..thinking. Thinking insane and semi-profound thoughts.

One of the things I've realized during a random bullshit session with friends is the difference between jerks an assholes.

The thought came to me as I was describing the difference between O and Bv. O and Bv both have particularly strong personalities. They both tease, they both spar verbally and they are both my friends, with the express difference of my sexual relationship with O.

Both have also expressed chauvinistic ideas and beliefs that make me want to hit them. The main difference is that Bv is an asshole and O is a jerk. Bv may spew shit but he knows its all shit. O actually believes the shit he spews. Which is why Bv is an asshole and O is a jerk.

So there is that very very fine line between being a jerk and being an asshole. Assholes are mostly funny but they turn into jerks once they start believing that their thoughts are right, that all their beliefs and prejudices are right.

Bv crosses that fine line sometimes. But so far he hasn't become a 100% jerk. So far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment