Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Hanging out with old old friends can be fun. People who've known you forever (or as much of forever as you're life spans can encroach on) will undoubtedly give you a good idea where you've been and where you're headed.

Well, that's what happened when I met up last Monday with D. See, she was a friend I collected when I was in the GIMIK stage. We'd hang out, go clubbing, I'd hook up (yeah I was always the sluttiest of the bunch.hehehe), they'd go home.

We hadn't seen each other in ages so it was a welcome respite from going on dates or obsessing about H (yeah I still do that. sucks ass).

So we went. I didn't really feel like dressing up so I just went in a white t-shirt and denim shorts, a get-up I someday hope to wear in an obscenely sexy way (my white shirt was just a medium sized t-shirt, no contours hugged at all, and the denim shorts were a bit long [they were supposed to be rolled up to mid thigh but my brother made a fuss. sigh]) but which at that time just represented comfy clothes.

I got to the coffee shop where D proceeded to make me wait for more than 30 minutes. I understand, she was coming on the way from school. And, I was pretty comfy in my lounge-y get-up with my green flats, green bag and my Nick Hornby book (coincidentally with a green cover). By the time she arrived I was three-fourths through with the book, whereas previously I was only one-half through.

I was chilling listening to music (the track at that time was already Fashionista by Jimmy James) and reading when I get this absurd phone call from D asking me to walk to the car to meet her friend. I was like, no, that's incredibly rude.

I dunno about other girls or how I used to be, but in my book (right now) if a man, guy or boy wants to meet me he better get off the fucking car and at least walk to where I am. Not sit in the car and wait for me. Unless he's taking me to a ritzy place for dinner and he's just picking me up.

Anyway it ended in a loud phone conversation which ended with D getting out of the car to get me and drag me to this boy.

Boy is right. He is cute in a boy-next-door-my-mom-really-likes-me kinda way. We shake hands then he proceeds to not look at m. Which annoys me and leads me to ignore him too.

D gets a tad bit upset (admit it D, you were). She says something like, "your standards got higher huh?". And I'm like, "well yeah, we're getting older".

So yeah the boy, F, sends her an SMS saying that I didn't seem interested and that we should just be re-introduced. I told her to send him a message saying I was interested but he didn't seem interested.

Long story short, F and I are already texting.

I also try to wrap D's mind around my fascination with H. That he was all that blah blah blah. But mostly I was thankful I still went out. F amuses me. Yeah he does. i wanna mother the bastard. he's such a cutie.

H please please catch up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment