Monday, April 14, 2008

Karma Chameleon

I always said H was my karma. He was. A lot of the things that are happening now can be traced as immediate effects and results of my collision with that guy.

I always thought I would back off, and that when I'd see him again it would involve me being with some hot younger (than his 30++ years) dude and him being with the girl who was half his age. But of course things didn't go that way.

It all started with a movie with Ts and Bv. After the badly done spoof movie, we ended up drinking. Now H had works at a place within a 5 mile radius of where we were. I knew that, I'd dropped by before when we were still seeing each other. This fact always makes Bv suggest that area to tease me about running into the one guy who caused a depression so bad it launched a five thousand peso shopping spree...

items bought:
  1. a pair of 3-inch vinyl red stilleto hooker heels which I've only worn once
  2. a pink cotton fedora
  3. a pink and black checkered neck tie which I've only worn once
  4. a pink dress that I wore once during my birthday party
  5. about 5 books.
(come to think of it these probably cost more than 5,000)

Ts has always been curious about H as she never got the chance to meet him when we were going out. She was also very curious about Den, where I seemed to luck out whenever I went. We were on our way home when Bv peered into the bar H worked and saw him. I scuttled (yes like Sebastiab the crab) out of plain sight and told Bv to take Ts and introduce her to H.

I waited at a nearby area and cursed myself for being a chicken shit. I felt incredibly stupid about hiding as Ts met H. If I had any balls at all (figuratively speaking because I do not actually have balls), I would've been the one doing the introducing.

Anyway Ts and Bv came back, announced H seemed stoned out of his mind and we left. Ts had to go home early and I still wanted to go out and drink a bit more. I sent C an SMS and asked him where he was. He said he was at Den. I enticed Bv to go to Den. And he had this look. "Den? Right now? We haven't been there in a while."

"Yeah. C's there."

So we hopped into Bv's car and sped off to Den.

We saw C who I did sincerely miss. We got a table and started talking. About 30 minutes after we arrived, Bv interrupted our talk with, "H is here."

I waved my hand in the air, feigning casualness whereas we both knew it was either going to be awkward or...(wait for it)...legendary!

So H strolls into Den and pretends not to see us. He was speaking to someone and he told the guy, "you're like family to me." At which point I looked him in the eye and waved as I raised an eyebrow. He looked at me and smiled, saying, "But you're more like family to me."

So he sat at the bar, angled so he could see us and I resumed talking to C and Bv. Finally H came over and said to C, "Dude move, you're emasculating me." To which I ended up laughing as we figured out a way for H to sit beside me.

"How are you?"

"I'm good."

"Are we ok?"

"Yeah." I smiled and nodded.

"Cos I was kinda worried for a while."

Again I smiled and blinked in what I hoped was a mysterious manner.

"Can I buy you a drink?"

"Sure."

H brings two tequila shots so we could drink together. And the banter continues.

"Are you seeing anyone?"

I shake my head. Still smiling wryly.

"Good. Am I allowed to flirt with you?"

I look at him and keep that smile on my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment