Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Branded:: UNTOUCHABLE

Male friendships are a weird, complex thing that evolves differently dependent on the cast of characters.

Some guys bond over PS, or poker or basketball. Some just drink and chase skirt together. Some have a deep and unbreakable bond which leads them to share each others deepest fears and emotions. Some sleep at each other's house and use each other's house as motels.

Weirdly enough O has been awkward since I slept with V. It's not that he ignores me, or that he's been mean to me. It's the little things.

I had an idea something was up when I said goodbye to him at his event, when I left with V. His eyes were blank, after he said his perfunctory, "Goodbye, take care,have fun" message (V had already told him we were leaving together), he immediately left me, my mouth sort of agape, like he couldn't wait to be away from me. Granted there were a lot of people. Granted it was his event. But his eyes were blank. His eyes were never blank when he looked at me before.

Aside from the fun teasing, flirting, groping relationship O and I also enjoyed a close friendship borne of similar intentions that were out in the clear. He wanted me, for some reason or other, I wanted him. Now he doesn't know how to approach me or talk to me.

Yesterday when he passed me on the corridor he did not know how to touch me. We are both very touchy people and he normally taps my ass or my hips when we pass each other. Yesterday he opted for the safe fleshy part of my arm as he passed, saying my name in greeting.

Whereas before we went out in public fo our little meetings and discussions (free-lance work related), now he would rather not spend time with me, and becomes awkward when we do get into those situations.

I know boys talk. I know V probably told him about sex with me. Whether good or bad I don't know. I just wish this stupid damnfool notion that once I've been branded (dick literally stamped in my pussy) by his friend, then he can't touch me. I am not a lamp post that dogs piss on to mark their territory. O can touch me whenever he wants to. In fact things were more interesting when he touched me. It's not like Im engaged to V, or like he even has any lingering lasting interest in me.

I'm ok with the no cheating rule he has (which lists full on sex as the mortal sin, all others venials that can be committed). But I hope we can have the old banter back. The old closeness. Damn. Besides, I liked it when things were interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment